Matter tracker is an innovative way to recreate digitally, the visceral feeling of having a stack of folders sitting on the corner of your desk in a “to do” pile. When attorneys move to a cloud based practice management software, it can be more difficult to keep track of these “to do’s”. Matter tracker continually scans the “digital file cabinet” to determine whether open matters have three variables, tasks, activities (Time Entries), and/ or invoices.
Keeping on top of your matter variables and management with matter tracker is a great way to avoid poor customer reviews or even disciplinary actions from a failure of the law firm.
Matters in engagement are open matters with no invoice.
- Critical Matters (RED) - All open matters with no task, no activity and no invoice.
- Urgent Matters (AMBER) - All open matters where one or two variables are added.
- Scheduled Matters (GREEN) - All open matters with all three variables.
Matters in the progress stage are open matters with an invoice and or a task.
- Critical Matters (RED) - Invoice overdue for more than 60 days or a task is overdue for more than 10 days.
- Urgent Matters (AMBER) - Invoice overdue for more than 30 days and less than 60 days. Or a task is overdue for more than 5 days and less than 10 days.
- Scheduled Matters (GREEN) - Matters remain green until any of the due date conditions are met on invoices and tasks.